Monday, May 16, 2011

Kathmandu

The very last part of the great adventure: Kathmandu. Last but not least!

A part in me wishes that I"d come here earlier - after 5 months in India I kind of feel that I arrived somewhere, at last. But one part of me is already home, making plans, thinking about the future, worrying, and looking forward. I"m gonna be home home soon, and that"s why I"m not here, in Nepal, with all my thoughts, a 100 per cent. Even though I arrived.

I like it a lot. I live with a really nice family a little bit outside of the center. But the city is not very big. And the airport is close, so I see landing and departuring planes all the time. And everytime they give me this feeling: Soon I"m gonna be in one of those. Soon, but not yet. And I know, I"m gonna miss this country. The people that got their place in my heart. (Nina will think this sounds super-cheesy, but that"s simply how it is)

I spend my days working in a school for disabled children. I actually work together with the physiotherapists. It"s really nice. One of them is from Darjeeling, and she was very delighted to hear, that ew stayed at her friends guest house there! They explain me a lot, and I can help more fom day to day.

But, in fact, there aren't many days. About two weeks ago I finally managed to be invited to a Hindu wedding, so I didn't go to work. And then, this weekend (they only have 1 day weekend!), there was a strike. Nothing unusual for Nepal, and it ment 2 days no work. Most Nepalis are quite annoyed by the strikes, but I found it really nice: No cars on the roads, and everybody has free. And I used the days to ask loads of questions, and to be stared at by hundreds of people. I think this is what I am most looking forward: Not to be stared at, just to be part of the crowd.

And there's so much more. It will have to wait. I'm going home now.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's cheesy! Or maybe it is. But it's ok to be cheesy once in a while. Knus :)

    ReplyDelete