Thursday, February 24, 2011

This is for crazy Neo: the monkey incident

 It was in th middle of the day at Elephanta Caves in Mumbai.
It was hot. I was really really thirsty and I bought a cold bottle of mango juice.
To make it clear to everyone how serious this situation is I first have to explain
that it's not everyday I buy mango juice just like that. It's way more expensive than water and
usually I would have a bottle of "homemade" (Simi has these pills she uses to clean tapwater with )water instead. But now I was out of water. I was enjoying time in Mumbai and I allowed myself this treat.

This badass-monkey came up to me and tried to take my dear mango juice-bottle from me.
Since first of all, think stealing is wrong and for the second I don't like to be messed around with it developed into a fight about the bottle.

I don't really know what happend, but I lost the fight.
And the monkey happily sat down on a stone an unscrewed the cap and drank the rest of my
juicy cold mango juice.I really think he was smiling. Smiling out of happiness only such a victory like that can bring.

I was pissed about loosing against a monkey in a fight, and about having no juice left on
this very sunny day.

So, just wanted to tell you guys. In India: guard your mango juice.
.


 

4 comments:

  1. Ahahah, sorry for laughing, but this was a bit funny! I can see the fight about the mango juice in my head, and, yeah, it´s funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were there on wedensday! Why didn't we see you?? And yes, I've never been so afraid in all my life when the crazy monkeys were attacking me from everywhere. Tourist~monkey trap. Indians were laughing of me..
    Enjoy Mumbai! Knus, Goa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep that in mind! Maybe you can report this monkey to the polis? But do so only if you're positive you'll regognize his mug shot..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for updating the story on your blog....
    I hope people would be careful of the monkeys

    ReplyDelete