Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's so special about India? # part 1

In India you never, or at least very rarley use toiletpaper.
Instead the toilet will be equipped with an extra watertap next to the toilet itself.
Practical! And way better for the nature not to waste all that paper.

 At first it felt strange. Then slowly we got used to it. Now we are considering never going back.
Toiletpaper is an unnecessary luxury in invented by western society? We think so.

Stay tuned for more crazy indian facts coming up :)
(Said with our very best tvcommercial voices)

3 comments:

  1. I have to disagree. I do miss toilet paper. I really don't understand how the Indians do that. I mean, ok, you use water instead. But then your bum is really wet when you put your trousers back on, and it doesn't really feel clean. If you only have pyjamas on, they might even get wet. Yummy. And then, you are not supposed to use your left hand between washing your bum with it and washing the hand. You shouldn't touch anything with it because of all the germs. But how do you get your trousers back on then?! This is a big mystery for me. And after 4 weeks in Sadhana forest I can talk about it without the slightest feeling of embarrassment. Thank you India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a bit disappointed about Simone now. Honestly. Mostly because people now will know that I am the unhygenical one of us two. Thaught you would stay with me on this one Simi.

    Seriously. I don't think it's necessary!
    You just need to work on your technique. Or start wearing a Saree.

    Same same but different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei you are having a healthy debate regarding toilet paper.
    Here in the western world, we indians often face many pricky questions regarding the matter, which usually starts with why we don't use our left hand while eating and then we know where it's heading.
    using both paper and water is most hygenic,, Simone

    ReplyDelete