Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Who are we? - Part II


So now I guess it's my turn to write something about my dear future-travel-companion Nina.
It's not very surprising that I don't know her better than she knows me, but I'll try my best. Actually it's quite surprising how different "our story" is from my point of view.

You know, sometimes you meet people and the first time you see them and you talk to them, you feel they're kind of special and that they could be an important person in your life. Nina was one of those, and I can't even really explain why. I just knew it. (but I wasn't expecting it to become real)

So that's why I was really surprised when we were talking about our future plans in that jazz-bar, and Nina proposed that our ways could cross at a point. And now, when I'm looking back, I'm quite surprised about how quick and how easy we decided to go (without knowing each other).

One of Ninas most important characteristics for me (one I couldn't travel without) is, that she is so uncomplicated and "nemt at være sammen med". She was never complaining about anything (me getting up early in the morning when she tried to sleep, me coming late and noisy into her room when she was trying to sleep, me asking if someone else might sleep in her room too - that means two people getting up early... ok I think you get the point) I never experienced her being in a bad mood (maybe a bit tired), or unmotivated, or unfriendly. And even though I thought I must've been a very annoying guest - she was always caring.

What else do I know about Nina? She worked as a volunteer in a social café in Copenhagen. She grew up in a little village in Finland, where she is working as a postman at the moment. She has two siblings and she makes really good sauces. She's interested in plants and her garden, and she's just started to be a vegetarian. She can be enthusiastic about things, what I really appreciate, and she always thinks that she's being cheasy when she writes something (and then I begin to ask myself if I'm cheasy too or if I just say how things are, and if they are cheasy - why not?)
I like her humour and that she's not afraid of making fun of herself, and she's curious as well.

So after writing all these things (and there're many more) I realize, that I know quite a lot of small puzzle pieces. Not a bad start. To be continued -

Simone

1 comment: